24: The Conjuring
Happy Halloween! I wanted to do something special this week. I thought it’d be fun to cover the true story behind something scary. But after starting to look for some movies to fit the bill, I quickly realized most of the scary movies that claim to be based on a true story also require a belief in something extraordinary—something supernatural.
Some stories are simply strange, and we don’t know the truth. The only thing we do know is what those who lived through the events claim.
With that in mind, and in the spirit of Halloween, let’s hear the tale of those who were involved and see how it compares to Hollywood’s reinterpretation of The Conjuring.
LINKS AND MORE RESOURCES
- Learn more about Extra Life
- Snopes article debunking the Amityville case
- J’aime Rubio’s article about the real Bathsheba Sherman
- J’aime’s book: Stories Of The Forgotten: Infamous, Famous & Unremembered
- Ed and Lorraine Warren’s official site
- More episodes on the Based on a True Story website
- Join the Based on a True Story Facebook page
- Support the show at Patreon
- Let me know what you think of the show on Twitter